Young Carer Coordinator – Carer Achievement Pathway Project
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- 30 hours per week, contract to 30 June 2020 (3 positions available)
- North Sydney location
- Applications close: Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Carers NSW is the peak body for carers in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation connecting and empowering carers across NSW and improving their quality of life through activities, programs, training and policy advice. We advocate for carers of all ages and circumstances.
The Carer Achievement Pathway Project aims to increase young carers’ readiness to participate in employment or education, and to support them to access employment and education opportunities in order to transition away from income support. The Young Carer Coordinator will work in a team to provide direct support to young carer participants in the Western Sydney region, assisting them to set and monitor goals and connecting them with appropriate supports and services that will improve their engagement in employment and education and support them in their caring role.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant discipline or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with disadvantaged young people and/or carers.
- Understanding of the issues that young carers experience and of the barriers they face in accessing employment and education.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with young people and liaise with a broad range of service providers.
- Experience in assessing and identifying appropriate services for individual young people and in making successful referrals to support agencies.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
The Annual Salary Package is between $62 – $66K including superannuation. You will also have access to generous salary sacrificing benefits. The Position Description is available to assist with your application.
Carers NSW recognises the value of diversity in its workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation.
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
See the ‘Instructions for Applicants’ http://www.carersnsw.org.au/about-us/employment/instructions-for-applicants on how to address the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria for this position. For further information please contact our HR department on: (02) 9280 4744.
Please forward your application addressing the Selection Criteria to Human Resources, PO Box 785, North Sydney NSW 2059 or email@example.com
Please Note: Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.