Warehouse Supervisor – Perth Distribution Centre
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor – Perth Distribution Centre to join the Supply Chain Management team. This 2-year fixed term role will be based in Perth and report to the Materials Operations & Bulk Commodities Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all facets of material operations at the facility which includes planning, scheduling, receiving, inspection, quarantine compliance, preservation, stocktaking, picking, packing and dispatching materials
- Prepare for dispatch by road, air and sea and ensure relevant compliance to rules and regulations are met for each mode of dispatch.
- Identify work front requirements and ensure adequate manning is in place to execute each work front
- Manage costs and budget related to the operations
- Identify relevant Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to track with the Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider, ensuring KPI’s reflect current operational requirements
- Continue to develop and enhance collaborative relationships with key business partners to ensure all the operational requirements are understood and met
- Contribute to any sourcing activities that occur with regards to material operations
- Ensure all activities associated with supplier management are met
- Provide general supervision and direction to the team, ensuring their activities are executed in the most safe and efficient manner
- Assess and provide appropriate training and development for staff
- Coach, mentor and develop staff to ensure company requirements are met
- Commitment to health, environment, safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience in warehouse management, budget management and contractor management of large teams
- Resources industry experience preferred
- Exposure to manufacturing resource planning systems
- Willingness to travel to as required
- Strategic planning experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key internal and external relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia’s largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A 9-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Thursday 5 April 2018, 3pm WST
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.