NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Exciting fixed-term opportunity ending 31 August 2019.
- Fully maintained company vehicle.
- Join a professional and highly dedicated team.
About the Role:
Based in our Epping office, this your opportunity to work for our Victorian Vocational Training and Education Centre (VTEC) team.
Please note: This is a fixed-term position ending 31 August 2019.
In this exciting full-time position, you will report to the VTEC Manager and IATN National Manager to contribute to the success of the MEGT VTEC by the identification of potential employers, eligible participants, the facilitation of pre-employment training, linking to suitable roles, mentoring and working with VTEC employers and participants to attain 26-week job retention.
- experience working with and mentoring Indigenous workers
- exceptional proven business development and networking skills
- proven marketing skills and ability to engage and maintain relationships with employers
- proven success with end to end recruitment functions
- experience working with key Indigenous people and organisations including employment services and community organisations.
Current diver licence is required.
An attractive base salary, plus a fully maintained company vehicle, smart phone, laptop, 9.5% superannuation and 17.5% leave loading will be on offer to the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check(where applicable).
Established in 1982, MEGT (Australia) Ltd is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, and trainees for over 30 years.
MEGT employs approximately 750 staff members in 65 offices across every state in Australia, and in the ACT.
- apprentice and traineeship recruitment, management and development
- training in nationally accredited qualifications
- English language courses
- specialised employment, training and mentoring services for Indigenous apprentices, trainees and their employers.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative environment for our staff. Our aim is to ensure our people are engaged, motivated and prepared with the skills and capabilities they need to deliver our goals. We do this by:
- making the health and safety of our workers our highest priority and providing a safe and healthy work environment
- attracting, retaining and developing the right people for the right roles
- understanding each other, embracing our differences and welcoming a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The MEGT Difference
Some of the benefits we offer include:
- 17.5% leave loading
- 3-day Christmas-New Year closedown as a gift
- opportunity for career progression within a national organisation.
How to Apply
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please email an application including a cover letter, detailing relevant industry experience, and a resume to MEGTRecruitment@megt.com.au
For all further queries please contact Tracee Vassallo on 0409 855 453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number 1461.
Applications close 5pm Friday 23 February 2018.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and building a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all diverse groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disability.
To find out more about MEGT, please visit our website at www.megt.com.au
**Strictly no agencies**