TIS Regional Coordinator (KAMS)
About the Organisation
KAMS (Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd) is a regional Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS), providing a collective voice and support for a network of member ACCHS from towns and remote communities across the Kimberley region of Western Australia. KAMS provides a wide range of services including:
- Financial and accounting
- Regional population health programs
- Social and Emotional Well Being Support
- Health Promotion
- Information Communication Technology Support
- Pharmacy support and training
- Corporate Services
- Accredited health training and education
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS) has a truly rewarding opportunity for a Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Regional Coordinator to join their team in Broome, WA.
Reporting to the Population Health Senior Manager, you will beresponsible for coordinating all aspects of the Tackling Indigenous Smoking Program, ensuring the program operates cohesively across the region.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Identifying the resources necessary for the effective operations of the Tackling Indigenous Smoking program;
- Ensuring the Tackling Indigenous Smoking Program has a high quality and current Activity Plan and Evaluation Plan;
- Preparing reports and providing briefings to the Population Health Senior Manager, KAMS Medical Director, CEO and Board;
- Identifying mechanisms for enhancing service delivery where there are identified gaps, and building further on areas identified as strengths; and
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of Program budget, and monitoring the Program’s approved annual budget.
About the Benefits
If you are looking for a change of routine, a change of lifestyle or a new adventure, this is the role for you. You will see and experience more of Australia’s real outback than most people ever will – and get paid to do it!
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged, but are often paid for by KAMS. This is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in these roles, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package circa $94,000 + super.
There is also a wide range of additional benefits for the role including:
- Salary packaging options to increase your take-home pay;
- District allowances – $2,920 single $5,840 double p.a;
- Electricity and accommodation allowances;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Annual Airfares to the value of $1,285 pa (after 12 months of employment).
How to Apply
Don’t miss this exciting and rewarding opportunity to have a positive impact on the health outcomes of Indigenous communities in the spectacular Kimberley region – Apply Now!