Technical Developer (Sustainability)
- Be responsible for developing and updating Green Star rating tools
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney, Barangaroo location
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Market Transformation, you will play a pivotal role in developing and updating the Green Building Council of Australia’s (GBCA) Green Star rating system.
You have great project management skills, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable solving complex technical problems. You will relish creating rating tools that are robust and transformative, as well as simple, clear and readily demonstrated. In addition you are great at explaining complicated technical issues in a way that is easy to understand.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our activity based working office in Sydney. We have recently relocated our office to an exciting business community in Sydney’s newest 6 Star Green Star Communities rated precinct, Barangaroo.
- Lead stakeholder engagement process for the Green Star rating tool updates;
- Develop and execute plans to implement team projects;
- Develop briefs and manage consultants to deliver robust and rigorous outcomes;
- Work with the Green Star Solutions team to translate feedback and strategy to solutions.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, planning, architecture, environmental science or a discipline related to the sustainable built environment.
- At least 3 years’ sustainable built environment experience in the areas of design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings, fitouts, infrastructure or communities/precincts.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program
- Educational assistance program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Complimentary fruit and snacks.
The GBCA was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. We are an industry association committed to developing buildings, cities and communities that are productive, liveable, healthy, resilient and sustainable. As part of our core business:
- We certify the sustainability of buildings and communities through Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system – Green Star.
- We educate industry and government practitioners and decision-makers and promote green building programs, technologies, design practices and operations.
- We advocate for the sustainable transformation of the built environment.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our collaborative and flexible team works across Australia.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and an inclusive work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment at the GBCA without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age and disability.
How to Apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 25 January 2018