Team Leader – Mental Health & Wellbeing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About North and West Remote Health (NWRH)
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits
NWRH is now seeking an experienced Team Leader to join their team based on Mornington Island, QLD on a permanent, full-time basis.
This pivotal role will see you primarily responsible for managing the Mornington Island Wellbeing Centre, ensuring mental health programs are delivered in line with funding agreements. You will also have direct line management of several staff members.
Some of your specific duties will include:
- Providing overall direction and management for the team, including controlling selection, training and supervision of staff;
- Coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services;
- Monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres;
- Controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services;
- Liaising with other health and welfare providers to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination; and
- Advising senior management about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities.
Why you’ll love working with NWRH!
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable remote health care experience.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration circa $84,176 – $101,637 plus super, commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Fully subsidised shared accommodation;
- Travel subsidies (x2 annual airfares); and
- Relocation assistance.
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers on Mornington Island, offering ongoing career development opportunities. You’ll be welcomed into a close-knit community, and if you develop the right relationships, will be able to explore the island further than most ever will.
If needing to relocate with a partner/family, NWRH will be happy to discuss potential career opportunities for your partner that he/she may be suitable for on the Island, making the transition much easier!
Ready to join a leading organisation dedicated to improving the mental health of local communities? Apply Now!
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit http://applynow.net.au/jobs/95417