NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to 30 June 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
The purpose of the Urban Strategy Branch is to design and plan the future city to be thriving and resilient so all communities can flourish. Through understanding place and history, community needs and urban trends, the branch plans to enable sustainable urban renewal and manage city change.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…As a Strategic Planner in the Planning Policy team of the Urban Strategy Branch, you will be responsible for providing high quality professional strategic planning and planning scheme expertise and advice to Council to achieve our goals for the municipality’s urban planning and development. You will also work with our heritage team to implement heritage reviews through planning scheme amendments.
In addition, you will be involved in participating in planning programs for continuous improvement on the way the Branch works, to improve the quality and productivity of the Branch.
The successful applicant will bring to this role their strong project management expertise as you will be working and delivering on a number of Branch projects relevant to the city. Communication, collaboration and strong stakeholder relationship skills go hand in hand for the success in this role.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience in statutory urban planning, strategic urban planning, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated understanding of urban systems, urban economies and city development
- Demonstrated understanding of capital city urban planning issues
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice on and develop urban regulation provisions through planning schemes and other statutory mechanisms
- Proven experience and skills in developing and implementation urban planning policy
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated project management skills in planning and resource management and ensuring delivery of agreed outcomes within budget and agreed timeframes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience in communicating in a variety of forums and media.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Robyn Hellman, Team Leader Planning Policy.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah Johnson.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
Closing Date 26/02/2018