Sponsorship Lead (Part-time)
- Drive portfolio growth and research new markets
- Flexible working arrangements
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Industry Development, you will significantly grow our corporate sponsorship revenue through business to business sales across a range of areas including strategic projects, events, education and awards.
You will develop sponsorship packages that will drive and meet annual revenue targets. You will also oversee the delivery of innovative and high quality partnership experiences that will ensure retention of existing sponsors and growth of new sponsors.
This is a part-time role working 4 days per week with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our Sydney headquarters.
- You will monitor competitor industry events to build new leads and benchmark price points;
- You will secure sponsorship funds for priority projects across the GBCA;
- You will create bespoke proposals that help clients achieve their strategic objectives;
- You will research and identify new business opportunities within sectors outside the property industry;
- You will manage sponsorship packages ensuring utilisation of funds in accordance with agreements;
- You will identify cross-selling opportunities for other areas in the GBCA.
Required skills and experience
- You have a Bachelors degree in marketing, business or other related field;
- You have at least 3 years’ sales experience and proven success in a previous B2B sales role;
- You have experience consistently exceeding revenue targets, growing a portfolio across a range of sectors;
- You have excellent negotiation skills, persuasive ability and communications skills;
- You have the ability to interact at a strategic level.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By joining the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a creative and visionary environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements, Activity Based Working with Sit to Stand desks
- Complimentary Fruit and Snacks
How to Apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager. Closing date for applications: COB 26 July 2018
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on
Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to be part of the Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.