Site Services Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$63,513 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be an integral part of this team where you will be focused on ensuring construction activities are effectively managed and meet the minimum requirements for maintaining adequate levels of safety and amenity through the delivery of the permit and inspection functions.
You will have regular consultation with internal and external stakeholders, site inspections and ensure subsequent enforcement are obtained to make sure construction activities comply with the Local Government Act, Activities Local Law 1999, Building Act, RMA 2004, Code of Good Practice, Construction Management Plan, Noise and Vibration Guidelines at all times.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven ability to deliver quality services in a range of environments including desk based tasks utilising property based permit information systems and site inspections liaising with owners, developers, builders and general stakeholders
- Knowledge of construction related Local Laws
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Good word processing and database skills using Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated abilities in general administration.
- Research and investigation skills.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Luke Hamblin, (Acting) Team Leader Site Services
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Advisor, Lesley Jackson-Lopa, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 30/04/2018