NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
CityLab is a space to prototype and test new ideas and city services with the community comprising a team, way of working, physical space and digital presence. CityLab is seen as a role model for visionary thinking, collaboration and experimentation for the Smart City Office, City of Melbourne and our external partners.
CityLab team members are looked to as intrapreneurs within the City of Melbourne who challenge our current ways of working; help envisage new possible futures; prototype and experiment with new ideas; and coach and up-skill their colleagues along the way. The team and its partners’ capabilities comprise a combination of human-centred design, agile, open innovation and digital skills.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…Reporting to the CityLab Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of projects in the CityLab team, including a service transformation program for City of Melbourne.
Applying your human-centred design and service design expertise, you will be hands on in leading and facilitating the planning and delivery of design research, insight synthesis, ideation, concept prototyping and final output production.
Your previous experience working on a range of projects within the human-centred design sector will lead to your success, as well as your proven capability in project delivery and stakeholder engagement whilst operating in an agile environment.
What are we looking for?
You will be energetic, ambitious and proactive in everything you do. Take on this opportunity to elevate your career to the next level and stand out from the crowd.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering human-centred design / service design work across a range of sectors and organisations. This includes experience planning, delivering and implementing design research, facilitation, insight synthesis, ideation, concept prototyping and final output production
- Ability to create a safe space to explore new ideas that respects diverse perspectives engenders positivity and favours action-bias
- Demonstrated experience using agile delivery methods to deliver projects, including the design of a project brief, use of visual management boards, and coordinating project reporting and evaluation
- Strong oral communication and high-level written skills (including report writing, presentation, and negotiation skills) and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- High level experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at all levels and a sound understanding of stakeholder needs.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below:
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Brenden Carriker, (Acting) Chief Digital Officer and Manager, Smart City Office
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 11/02/2018