Senior Traffic Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
We have a rare opportunity available for a Senior Traffic Engineer to join the team!
The Traffic Engineering Team is responsible for the delivery of a range of Council Plans and strategies that support pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle, public transport and vehicle access and mobility in and around the municipality. The team manages the creation of new assets, monitors pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle and vehicle usage, approves sign changes and ensures 3rd parties comply with the Road Safety (Traffic Management) Act.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…you will be responsible for providing professional traffic engineering advice and guidance to our internal and external stakeholders in regards to the capability and performance of traffic management assets and infrastructure. This role will see you approving traffic management, parking signage and infrastructure changes and assess applications made by Building Construction and utilities companies to close roads for planned works. You will be actively involved in the development and management of traffic management plans that involves the management of pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and motor vehicles, including parking, and public transport vehicles along the City’s public street and public realm spaces, which ensures that the civil and traffic infrastructure assets of the City are managed in the most efficient and safest manner.
A Tertiary qualified Civil Engineer, you will operate and be supported by a small team of professionals. In this role, you will bring enthusiasm, the ability to work in a dynamic team and provide a high quality of customer service to our colleagues and key stakeholders.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or substantial experience in Civil and Traffic Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to resolve traffic and parking management issues and develop proposals that safely and effectively manage the municipality’s infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to manage traffic and parking issues and documentation for implementation of works programs within budget and timelines
- Good communication skills, including the ability to represent the Council at industry forums and develop high quality written communication reports and submissions
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and contribute to work area outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Andrew Cron, Senior Co-Ordinator Traffic Engineering.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 27/03/2018