Senior Social Media Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Rare opportunity to use your communication skills to promote a wide range of rich health promotion issues which actually matter
- Dynamic team environment within an inclusive workplace
- Full Time, ongoing position.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic and highly proactive social media specialist who thrives on hunting for ideas and stories to create powerful and engaging social media content.Working on everything from tackling obesity and alcohol culture change to promoting healthy eating, increasing physical activity and improving mental wellbeing, the successful candidate will go home each day knowing they’ve helped to provide people with information to help them make healthier lifestyle choices.
The ideal candidate will also monitor and evaluate our social media channels, encouraging and moderating diverse community engagement.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the successful candidate’s creative and proactive mindset will drive new ideas and strategies to increase our audience and online participation.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for someone who can demonstrate a flair for writing and creating digital content, who wants an opportunity to use their strong critical thinking and judgement skills and work in a passionate and high performing Marketing Communications team.
Closing Date: Monday 28 May 2018
Unit: Marketing & Communications Group
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $82,361 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations or similar area
- Proven experience working in a Senior Social Media role or in a similar capacity as a digital communications professional, preferably in an ‘issues’ based environment
- Highly proactive, creative approach to sourcing content
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Impressive experience developing relationships both internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with competing timelines
- Knowledge/experience of video editing, graphic design, photoshop/illustrator.
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted here: https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VHSNRSOCMEDIA
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.