Senior Service Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
CityLab is a space to prototype and test new ideas and city services with the community comprising a team, way of working, physical space and digital presence. CityLab is seen as a role model for visionary thinking, collaboration and experimentation for the Smart City Office, City of Melbourne and our external partners.
CityLab team members are looked to as intrapreneurs within the City of Melbourne who challenge our current ways of working; help envisage new possible futures; prototype and experiment with new ideas; and coach and up-skill their colleagues along the way. The team and its partners’ capabilities comprise a combination of human-centred design, agile, open innovation and digital skills.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…An opportunity has arisen within our Smart City Office Branch for a Senior Service Designer.
You will be working in a pivotal role, responsible for managing the delivery of key projects for the CityLab team, including a service transformation program.
The purpose of the service transformation program is to consider the future service needs of our customers and define the organisation’s unique value proposition and role delivering to these needs.
A key aspect of the role will be to lead in the planning, delivery and implementation of all phases of a human-centred design / service design project. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to be hands on in the planning and delivery of design research, facilitation, insight synthesis, ideation, concept prototyping, service blueprinting and final output production.
Working collaboratively with a range of teams across City of Melbourne, you will take a “knowledge transfer” approach to help accelerate and embed new ways of working across the organisation. Design leadership, project management and relationship and stakeholder management are core capabilities of this role.
If this sounds like the prefect role for you, don’t miss this opportunity to be a leading member of this innovative team, where you will play an instrumental role in helping City of Melbourne transform its services, and improve the value we deliver to our community.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Relevant Tertiary Degree – or equivalent experience preferably in a design discipline
- Your demonstrated experience in leading, developing and delivering human-centred design / service design projects for large organisations. This includes extensive experience leading the planning, delivery and implementation of design research, facilitation, insight synthesis, ideation, concept prototyping, service blueprinting and final output production
- Demonstrated experience forming and leading high-performing multidisciplinary project teams and utilising agile delivery methods in your project delivery approach
- Your ability to create a safe space to explore new ideas that respects diverse perspectives, engenders positivity, instils creative confidence in others and favours action-bias
- Strong oral communication and high-level written skills (including report writing, presentation, and negotiation skills) and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
- attach a portfolio of your most recent and relevant work (no more than 5Mb, word or PDF format only)
Please address your covering letter to Brenden Carriker, (Acting) Chief Digital Officer and Manager, Smart City Office.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 11/02/2018