Senior Project Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about contributing to having a healthy diet for all Victorians
- Full time, ongoing opportunity for a public health nutritionist
- Work with the world’s first Health Promotion Foundation
- Close proximity to Carlton Gardens
Most Australians have enough to eat and recognise the importance of a good diet for health. But we aren’t eating the right foods.
The Senior Project Officer within the healthy eating team is a role that helps to deliver one of the five strategic imperatives in VicHealth’s ambitious 10-year Action Agenda for Health Promotion – promote healthy eating.
This full time role will have the opportunity to work on and lead some very exciting projects within the healthy eating team at VicHealth including our water in sport, salt reduction and junk food initiatives.
Reporting to the Manager, Physical Activity, Sport & Healthy Eating, you will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a highly accomplished nutrition professional who excels in providing sound technical advice.
Find out more about us here
Closing Date: Monday 4 June 2018
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $82,361 (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
- Dietitian’s Association of Australia eligibility and accredited dietetics/nutrition tertiary qualification essential
- Strong demonstrable experience working in fields related to healthy eating, health promotion, public health policy and practice
- Sound project and contract management experience essential
- Well established written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive partner, stakeholder and supplier relationships both internally and externally.
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
The cover letter must include why the applicant feels they are suitable for the position, and also address the Key Selection Criteria from the Position Description.
Please refer to the position description to view the associated qualifications and experience associated with the position.
Applications can be submitted here: https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-VHSNRPROJECTOFFICER
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Police Check.
For further information about the role, please contact Marcus Flood, People & Culture on (03) 9667 1386.
VicHealth is committed to ensuring appointments represent the diversity of our community. Women, Indigenous people, people with disability, young people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.