Senior Project Coordinator – City Economy
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
Through identifying and leveraging global trends, you will play an instrumental role in developing and delivering end to end projects that achieve the goals of the Business and Tourism Branch. These projects will vary in breadth of scope, but will ultimately deliver positive economic outcomes for businesses and industries within the municipality.
Reporting directly to the City Economy Manager; this role has a natural alignment with many internal teams across City of Melbourne. To be successful in this position, you will have both a current and future focused approach with an emphasis on planning for economic sustainability. Working closely with key stakeholders including the Victorian Government and many public and private entities;, you will be engaging in collaborative activity that minimises the impact of disruption and leverages the opportunities of change. You will be at the forefront of developing innovative outcomes and support for business through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the direct engagement of start-ups, retail and hospitality, creative industries and emerging technology businesses themselves.
You will be a strong communicator with an adaptable and resilient outlook who can provide an agile approach to a complex environment. You will be regarded as an effective conduit between teams and work outcomes, and be recognised for having a positive impact on those around you. Your creative and innovative thinking will be embraced; therefore someone who can demonstrate this thinking combined with experience in managing projects that drive positive economic outcomes will be highly regarded.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- A relevant tertiary qualification to Degree level in project management, business management or other related discipline and/or significant experience in roles in these fields
- Well-developed project management skills across all stages of a project lifecycle, particularly the ability to provide strategic input into the planning process, develop and manage project plans, and deliver projects to time, budget, governance and quality specifications
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and influence outcomes across varying levels and environments
- Good creative and analytical skills with ability to devise innovative, best practice, practical and commercially wise solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrated management of multiple projects at once, with the ability to prioritise and create efficiencies.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Chris MacDonald, City Economy Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 07/02/2018