Senior Practice Support Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Aboriginal Child, Family and Community Care State Secretariat (AbSec) is the peak Aboriginal child and family organisation in NSW. AbSec is committed to advocating on behalf of Aboriginal children, families, carers and communities, and to ensure they have access to the services and supports they need to keep Aboriginal children safe and provide them the best possible opportunities to fulfil their potential through Aboriginal community controlled organisations.
AbSec is currently seeking a skilled and qualified person to undertake the role of Senior Practice Support Officer within our Support and Sustainability team. The Senior Practice Support Officer will contribute to building the capacity and practice of agencies to ensure minimum standards for child protection and out of home care requirements while specifically supporting the implementation of Multi-Systemic Therapy – CAN, and Family Functioning Therapy – CW.
Interested and suitable applicants should obtain a copy of the position description, and submit a cover letter (maximum two pages) and current resume (maximum five pages) demonstrating their experience against the selection criteria to the Enquiries person listed below. Two referees must be provided (including current supervisor).
- Aboriginality with a demonstrated understanding of the issues facing the Aboriginal families in the delivery of quality services to meet outcomes for children in a sustainable and viable way
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills, and ability to negotiate sensitive matters and provide written reports to inform continuous improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity in Aboriginal communities and how this may effect service delivery to Aboriginal children, families and community
- Extensive knowledge of the NSW Child protection and out of home care system, and its contemporary operation, including the intersection with family preservation and restoration models of support
- Demonstrated ability to track outcomes and provide feedback on adherence and program implementation fidelity
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and lead aspects of a support plan for organisations, particularly with the implementation of evidenced based programs as they relate to Aboriginal children and families
How to Apply
Applications Close: Monday 11 June 2018
Contact: Dana Hogg on (02) 9559 5299 Enquiries: Cath Tarrant on (02) 9559 5299
Applications can be emailed to: Dakota.Torrens@absec.org.au or posted to PO Box 604
Marrickville NSW 1475
Aboriginal Child, Family and Community Care State Secretariat (AbSec) Ph: (02) 9559 5299