Senior Event Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to 31 December 2018
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
You will ideally be available immediately for this fantastic and rare paternal leave cover position. You will play a major role for Events Melbourne where you will be staging and supporting a diverse range of quality events and festivals focused on ensuring both visitors and locals celebrate our community. These events are significant to the municipality understanding our cultural diversity; with the success of these events resulting in providing economic benefits and helping to position Melbourne as the world’s most liveable city.
Working within the Premier Event Team, your role will be to ensure that City of Melbourne’s owned events and programs are all delivered to a high standard for maximum positive exposure for the city and community. Melbourne Fashion Week’s (MFW) focus is on the retail consumer, featuring fashion that can effortlessly move from the catwalk onto the street with an event program that actively engages the consumer and stimulates retail within the city. Useful and engaging consumer fashion experiences sit at the heart of the MFW event, and collaboration with commercial partners is essential to its success in this area.
Your main focus as the Senior Event Coordinator will be to work primarily on Melbourne Fashion Week which incorporates over 100 events ranging from fashion runways, exhibitions, workshops, business forums, retail shopping evenings, hospitality experiences and more. Reporting in to the Premier Event Manager of Melbourne Fashion Week; in this role you will be responsible for providing high level event coordination and support for Melbourne Fashion Week including event programming, event delivery, financial monitoring, stakeholders’ management, Council liaison and provision of input into marketing and communication.
In 2018 MFW will be held from Friday 31st August to Friday 7th September.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Significant experience in event development and management including demonstrated conceptualisation, programming, planning, producing and management of major public events of significant budget and complexity
- Well-developed project management skills including the ability to provide input into the planning process, develop detailed project plans and timelines identifying key planning milestones and priorities, coordinate and schedule input from various sources and integrate a wide range of activities and processes associated with events
- Knowledge of the fashion industry and experience working in fashion events and producing fashion runways
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for multiple projects and competing demands and deadlines to ensure successful outcomes for the event and all key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in adding creative elements and or implementing new initiatives to events that improve event presentation, content and or delivery
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with marketing, sponsorship and PR/media requirements within events
- High level communication skills including the ability to initiate and maintain effective stakeholder relationships and negotiate and influence outcomes in a clear and confident manner
- Experience in contract management including a demonstrable understanding of risk management and OH&S requirements
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Fiona Twist, Premier Events Manager
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 18/03/2018