Senior Coordinator – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Programs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for someone to lead & coordinate the Cultural Awareness space of our Warumilang program. A driven, enthusiastic and motivated team member who is comfortable in front of a crowd. You’ll need strong experience as an educator and/ or facilitator, as well as in program coordination, administration and management. You’ll be organised and proactive, comfortable working autonomously but still with a strong team mindset. The main focus of the role is delivering Cultural Awareness Training to AFL Sportsready partners, as well as refining the package and growing delivery.
We’ve had a big few years, with each year building on the last, and 2018 is shaping up to be another large one. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about what they do, likes a challenge, and is comfortable managing multiple requirements and demands. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.”
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive and flexible NFP organisation, in a key role within the company:
- Opportunity to work with a supportive, diverse and dedicated team
- Total reward package ranging from $95,000 – $100,000+ per annum
- Base salary of $75,000 – $80,625 per annum (starting salary commensurate with experience) + 9.5% superannuation + use of company car for work and personal purposes
- 5 weeks total leave per year (4 weeks annual and 1 week gratis), and leave loading of 17.5% of base salary
- Use of company iPhone, iPad and laptop
- Located at Abbotsford, Melbourne, surrounded by parks, cafes and walking trails.
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Programs have grown significantly over the last few years. We’re looking for someone to come on board and to help us to continue this success, by reviewing, developing, coordinating, delivering and ultimately growing our programs to the next stage. A major focus of the role is Cultural Awareness Training delivery and Coordination across AFLSR’s partners. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Course delivery, coordination and administration;
- Course review and design;
- Support for business development;
- Mentoring and internal capability development; and
- Community engagement
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences, skills and attributes. Please note, this is our key selection criteria for shortlisting candidates:
- Relevant qualifications and/or sector experience,
- Sound experience with cultural awareness training
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills spanning a range of stakeholder groups
- Experience in training review and design;
- Demonstrated experience in course and or program coordination;
- High level written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and young people; and
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of respect for people across a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Up to date Working with Children Check.
For more information about the role, please refer to the position description located on our website at:
How to Apply
Applications for this position will close on Wednesday 17th of January. Additional information about the role can be found within the position description which is located on our website.
To be considered for the position, applications should be addressed to Jade Colgan & Simon Jackson and include:
- a two page or less cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria; and
- a current version of your CV/ Resume
Please note, only applications which include a response to the key selection criteria will be considered for short-listing.
For further information about the role, please email Simon Jackson at email@example.com.