Project Manager Assets
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to 30 June 2020
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…is responsible for planning, organising and delivering projects on time, to budget and within the scope and quality in project briefs. This role will be responsible for civil projects including but not limited to street scaping, and building works.
Your responsibilities will span the full project development lifecycle with a focus on delivery including project scope and specifications, procurement/tendering, managing consultants, contractors and stakeholders (internal/external) to achieve the successful delivery of key milestones.
We are looking for someone who has a strong working knowledge in civil engineering, project management and has a strong ability in managing positive stakeholder relationships. You are someone who understands contract administration, budget forecasting and management and who can think outside the box for problem solving.
A valid Victorian driver’s licence will be required for this role.
If this sounds interesting then read on.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level in project management and/or related field such as building, architecture, planning, landscape architecture, urban design or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management delivery of high value small to medium projects in a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction within a structured reporting framework
- High level relationship building and stakeholder management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations and client needs which are often of a competing nature
- Highly developed analytical, lateral thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to take the initiative, drive change and continual improvement
- High level communication skills with the ability to convey and effectively impart project information and negotiate and influence outcomes.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this role please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Tony Moussa, Principal Project Manager – Assets.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 11/04/2018