Project Leader – North Sydney, Strathfield, Melbourne, Ballarat, Banyo, Canberra or Adelaide
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Academic leadership of Phase II of the Indigenous Student Success Program project
- Full-time, 12 months opportunity
- Located at North Sydney, Strathfield, Melbourne, Ballarat, Banyo, Canberra or Adelaide
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special / equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), section 126, Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), section 5, Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld) and Section 12 Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) provides leadership in strategy, policy and capacity building, promoting excellence in learning and teaching at ACU, including in the online environment. The Centre provides programs and services to support professional development of academic staff and the technology platforms for course delivery and student engagement in learning.
As Project Leader of Phase II of the Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP) project you will review and assess resources from Phase I and identify gaps to the comprehensive ‘set’ to be used in curriculum design. You will then design and lead an education program with the ultimate aim of embedding Indigenous Knowings, perspectives and pedagogical practices into ACU curricula.
In this role, you will also:
- provide expert curriculum design and assessment design advice
- undertake scholarly research in a relevant area
- take a leadership role in the implementation of a major project
- influence stakeholders and consult effectively with University staff.
You will need to:
- identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- possess a post-graduate qualification in a relevant area of higher education or equivalent
- have successful experience in the design and delivery of professional capacity-building opportunities for academic staff
- demonstrate ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply
Obtain the Position Description PD Project Leader.pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $142,789 – $155,030 pa, including salary component $120,882 – $131,344 pa (Academic Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Kristina Everett, Senior Lecturer (Academic Development) on (02) 9739 2209 or via email to email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 21 January 2018