Project Implementation Specialist 12 Month Part-Time Contract
- Make an impact in this lead role to deliver on a range of confidential projects
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney, Barangaroo location
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Green Star Solutions, you will play a pivotal role in delivering on a range of confidential projects on time and on budget.
One such project will require you to utilise your strong communication and project management experience to improve our certification and assessment processes. You will work collaboratively with key players in the industry including developers, consultants, government representatives and external certifying bodies.
You will be required to provide progress updates and results that will be communicated to internal stakeholders including our Executive team and our Board of Directors.
This role will challenge your influencing ability to deliver robust and transformative outcomes for the sustainable built environment.
This is a part-time (3-4 days per week), 12 month term contract role with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our Sydney Office. We have recently relocated our office to an exciting business community in Sydney’s newest 6 Star Green Star Communities rated precinct, Barangaroo.
- Develop and execute plans to implement team projects;
- Manage consultant delivery of project tasks;
- Develop processes and systems which are robust and credible;
- Deliver projects with accuracy, on time and on budget;
- Consult and liaise with internal and external stakeholder for input.
Required skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in one of the following areas: a discipline related to the sustainable built environment, engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management or delivery of significant components of projects.
- Strong understanding of project management and techniques for successful delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By being part of the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Agile working environment (activity based working).
- Complimentary fruit and snacks.
The GBCA was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. We are an industry association committed to developing buildings, cities and communities that are productive, liveable, healthy, resilient and sustainable. As part of our core business:
- We certify the sustainability of buildings and communities through Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system – Green Star.
- We educate industry and government practitioners and decision-makers and promote green building programs, technologies, design practices and operations.
- We advocate for the sustainable transformation of the built environment.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our collaborative and flexible team works across Australia.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and an inclusive work environment.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment at the GBCA without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age and disability.
How to Apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 25 January 2018