Project Coordinator – Mithaka Research Projects and Cultural Heritage
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Overview of Mithaka Aboriginal Corporation (MAC)
MAC is the main governing body for all Mithaka business. It is managed by 6 Directors and employs an Administration Officer.
Mithaka Country is approximately 33,800km2 of pristine rivers, rolling gibber plains and sandhill’s located in the Channel Country of SW Queensland. Mithaka Country falls under two Shire Council areas Diamantina Shire Council and Barcoo Shire Council.
Successful candidate will coordinate Research Projects and Cultural Heritage works on Mithaka country. All developed work will align to MAC’s strategic plan to become a self-sustaining corporation. MAC’s strategic plan is available at www.mithaka.com.au.
Successful candidate will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the Mithaka Aboriginal Corporation values of trust, respect, action and results.
The essential duties of the Project Coordinator will be to:
- Coordinate and implement the research project in line with the specific Grant Deed;
- Liaise with MAC partners and researchers involved with the Mithaka Landscapes project;
- Liaise with pastoralist, mining companies, government, and consultants as necessary;
- Coordinate on country research and heritage survey field trips in accordance with industry best practice and associated native title and heritage agreements and other relevant legislation;
- Document, and compile thorough reports on all field work;
- Manage and report to the MAC Board, including the administration and development of research and heritage survey business
- Ensure that draft research and heritage survey reports are provided in a timely manner;
- Oversee the development and efficient management of a roster of MAC people to work on heritage surveys;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Board from time to time.
Valued Personal Values and Qualities:
- High ethical standards, personal integrity and good judgment.
- Genuine appreciation and respect for Aboriginal people and their culture.
- Commitment to Aboriginal self-determination and self-management and strong and decisive leadership skills.
- High degree of self-motivation, energetic, resourceful and innovative with a proven track record of achievements.
- Willingness to work in a demanding environment that may require work outside of normal hours and on Mithaka country.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, fixed term position attracts remuneration of $30,000 gross + 9.5% superannuation.
MAC supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements and office location may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
How to Apply
For More information
For a full position description please go to https://mithaka.com.au/employment/
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Email your resume and application letter to be addressed to the MAC Board of Directors, to email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday the 9th of March at 5:00pm AEST.