Program Coordinator AOD
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. The Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Management program is funded to deliver and alcohol and other drug service targetingAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Katherine region and their families. The service is required to promote individual and community wellbeing and reduce substance abuse through the provision of holistic, culturally appropriate alcohol and other drug harm minimisation, education, treatment, rehabilitation and after care services.
The Program Coordinator role is responsible for the operational delivery, monitoring, and reporting of the program in accordance with the Project funding agreement. The Coordinator is accountable for the daily supervision of the service team in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, contracts and legislation. In addition to this the coordinator, in conjunction with their senior manager is required to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including the NT Alcohol and Other Drugs Workforce Support Unit and the Kalano Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to the management of AOD in the community.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent / Diploma in Counselling or Social Services
- An ability to appropriately deal with pressure and maintain composure and effective communication when engaging with clients in crisis.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues effecting communities
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
How to Apply
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile_Program Coordinator (AOD)
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.