NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- 3 positions
- Variable Time Fixed Term 12 months
- Band 4.1.01 – $80,854
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne presents world-class performing arts in a year round exciting program. Experience Australia’s best performing arts companies and exceptional international productions, alongside celebrations of comedy, cabaret and popular music.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
The Business Unit
The Arts Centre Melbourne Programming Unit sits within the Performing Arts pillar and is responsible for delivering:
- a breadth and range of presentations at Arts Centre Melbourne’s own risk that meet the organisation’s curatorial framework and complement the provision by Resident Companies and external presenters;
- a number of events that contribute to the overall venue utilisation targets at Arts Centre Melbourne; and
- A program of education, participatory, accessible, community and public programs that meet the organisation’s public purpose obligations.
The business unit is comprised of program management, artform programming, education, coordinating, and producing team members.
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 experienced Producers to join our Producer Pool to work on the development and delivery of a diverse program of performing arts events, projects and programs in the Programming team. Reporting to the Senior Producer, Programming, you will play a vital role in the creation, development and delivery of a culturally diverse program of new and existing local, national and international work. In this role, you will work with the team to plan and assess future artistic projects, develop new initiatives and enhance existing programs.
You will be responsible for leading programming projects from conception to completion, developing and maintaining strong relationships with artists and presenters, negotiating agreements and contracts, coordinating with internal departments on ticketing and promotional campaigns and managing artist administration and logistics.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Experience building strong relationships with key stakeholders including culturally diverse presenters and artistic teams;
- Experience in working with diverse artists from development stages through to the presentation of new works
- Extensive art form knowledge and specialist skills in at least one major art form;
- Experience working with artists planning and producing arts programs;
- Experience interpreting and coordinating event and venue requirements;
- Experience leading complex and demanding arts projects including budget and resource allocation; and
- Understanding of event marketing, ticketing and technical requirements.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a current resume as one document. Please refer to the position description for further information, including the key criteria.
To submit your application, click on the Apply button below by 6 April 2018.
For more information or to discuss the role please contact Deanna Smart, Senior Producer
ph. 03 9281 8906 e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a current resume as one document.