NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Achieve work life balance – Part Time hours
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Gateway Family Services (GFS), is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join their team in the role of Practice Manager.
Your new employer…
GFS is a leader in the field of community services and has been serving families for over 27 years. Passionate about building a stronger community through helping to build stronger families, GFS offers clients a range of services such as:
- in-home family support, case management and counselling
- parenting groups
- emergency relief
- community activities
- information and advocacy
Having begun as an outreach activity of the Uniting Church, it is important all GFS staff have a willingness to work within the Mission, Vision & Values of GFS and the Uniting Church. Applicants are encouraged to read more about these statements on their website: www.gatewayfamilyservices.org.au
You will be joining a strong and significant organisation and play an instrumental role in service delivery. Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community!
Your new job…
This is a crucial position for the organisation as it provides leadership and growth to the organisation and ensure its effective and efficient management.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, this position is responsible for maintaining the quality of service delivery, providing practice expertise to staff and general oversight of GFS projects which includes direct supervision of the 3 team leader positions.
The role is Permanent Part Time at 21 hours per week (3 days per week). Salary to be paid in accordance with the NSW SCHADS Award and this role will be classified at Level 7 (Pay Point to be determined based upon skills and experience). The role is based in Katoomba (2 days) and Blaxland (1 day), however as there may be some travel required for this role, the successful applicant will need to have a current driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
What you’ll need to succeed…
We are looking for an experienced leader who has a sound knowledge of the community sector. You’ll be an outstanding communicator and negotiator with a demonstrated track record of strong representation and networking to achieve strategic goals and maintain service provision.
To be considered, you’ll have experience in the role of a counsellor/therapist and project management, preferably in similar service. Working collaboratively as a key member of the senior management team, your experience will also cover all facets of an organisation including budget management and human resources, public relations, project management and professional development.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and have the capacity to adapt and build new responses in the face of changes in the sector and the funding environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience:
- in a similar role
- demonstrating a sound knowledge of and capacity to use Solution Focussed Brief Therapeutic approaches in the context of a Strength Based Framework
- supervising clinical staff
- project management or oversight
- Tertiary Qualifications in psychology, social work or equivalent
- Specific Training in a recognised Solution Focused Brief Therapy course
- Thorough knowledge of current child protection theory and practice
- Advanced organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Word & Outlook
- Ability to work respectfully with social and cultural diversity
- Commitment to Social Justice
- Willingness to work within the GFS service mission, policies & philosophy and the ethos of the Uniting Church of Australia
- Current NSW Drivers Licence & use of a reliable, comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- Experience working in not for profit, non-government organisations (desirable)
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft Office applications (desirable)
What you’ll get in return…
- Some above Award conditions
- Salary Packaging
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
Are you an experienced leader with qualifications in Psychology or Social Work a strong knowledge of the community services sector then this may be the role for you!
How to Apply
What to do now…
For an Information Pack (including the full Job Description), please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume before the closing date.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, don’t delay, apply today!
Closing date: COB (5pm) Wednesday 28th March 2018
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check.