NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$47,256* + 9.5% Superannuation (pro-rata)
Plus 20% loading for working outside normal business hours
Part Time Irregular Hours – no set work pattern
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
We are looking for a team member that believes in the fitness industry!
Your experienced approach will make our clients feel comfortable in our club to reach their fitness goals.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…Our Personal Trainers/ Gym instructors conduct lifestyle and progress consultations for individuals and groups. You will be required to demonstrate exercises in a professional and user friendly way using your professional customer focused approach. You will have a strong desire of helping our clients to reach their goals, and be someone who can build rapport easily so that our clients build trust for your professional and safe advice and on our programs and services.
These roles are irregular hours so we are looking for your flexibility across a 7 day period.
In addition to your proven track record, our ideal candidate must have outstanding interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
If fitness is your passion, we want to hear from you!
You can bring…
- Certificate III in Fitness and Certificate IV in Personal Training
- Current registration with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia
- A current Pool Lifeguard certificate and current or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment
- Current Level 2 First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment
- A valid Employee Class Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – integrity, courage, accountability, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven experience in undertaking fitness assessments and providing personalised exercise prescription
- Experience in memberships sales
- Proven team orientation in the workplace
- Understanding/experience delivering gym based retention strategies
- Ability to meet the Inherent Physical Requirements of the role please see attached.
- Group Fitness Qualification (Aerobics/Aqua Aerobics/Cycling/Les Mills/Boxing/other)
- Experience using MobileFit gym retention systems, Links Modular Services or similar systems/technology.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than two pages), outlining your suitability for the role and your interest in working for City of Melbourne
Please address your covering letter to Aaron Christiansen, Health & Fitness Coordinator.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 02/04/2018