People and Culture Support Services Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$75,835 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 31 December 2018
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
The People and Culture Support Services Officer is the first point of contact to the People and Culture Branch within City of Melbourne. You will be responsible for providing high level general employee advice, guidance and support in relation to all employee queries. Transactional services would include job posting, recruitment pre-employment checks, offer management, on-boarding, induction, learning co-ordination, processing system updates, telephone and email support.
As a member of a small team, we are seeking a customer focussed individual who is self-driven, has a ‘can do’ attitude and has excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines. You will possess exceptional organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads.
The team is a fun, fast paced and vibrant group of professionals who uphold the City of Melbourne values to the highest degree.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, love helping people and want to build on your HR experience, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Experience working in a support role in recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, and learning and development systems and processes, including a comprehensive understanding of HRIS environments
- Demonstrated experience working in a team in a high-volume shared services/centralised operations support environment, to multiple and demanding time-lines
- Experience providing People and Culture and employment advice, and support to staff and people managers
- Well-developed PC skills, including MSWord, Excel, HRIS and recruitment systems
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including confidentiality and the ability to gain the cooperation of others.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Fiona Borg, (Acting) People and Culture Operations Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Advisor, Lesley Jackson-Lopa, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 07/05/2018