NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $75,835 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Temporary Full Time to 30 June 2018
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne… you will provide payroll support and advice, working in a small team to ensure the efficient operations of the payroll of a large and diverse organisation. You will be one of two Payroll Officers who provide support for all City of Melbourne’s payroll processing functions.
The successful incumbent will bring their well-developed verbal and written skills to communicate effectively at all levels across all divisions within the Corporation. Furthermore, provide professional guidance to managers and staff on remuneration and other People and Culture matters on a regular occurrence. As a result, the most customer focused Payroll Officer will enjoy partnering with City of Melbourne work areas to educate, and happily resolve issues using a positive and proactive approach.
If you are immediately available, apply now!
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven experience in delivering payroll services in a complex environment, including a comprehensive understanding of HR and payroll systems and issues
- Well-developed numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience providing HR and payroll advice and support to staff and line managers
- Understanding of the superannuation legislation and standards
- Exposure to interpret Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Understanding of the Privacy Act.
• Knowledge or experience with the Aurion payroll system.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria, (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Fiona Borg, (Acting) People and Culture Operations Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 18/02/2018