NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Under the direction of a qualified legal practitioner, you will assist in the delivery of a holistic legal service to support traditional owners to pursue their native title rights and interests.
- Full-time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- QSNTS 4 $56,118.80 – $60,616.41, plus superannuation (salary negotiable based on skills and experience)
Queensland South Native Title Services (QSNTS) is a Native Title service provider with the vision of realising Traditional Owners’ aspirations to land and waters through the provision of professional statutory services.
About the role
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing administrative support to a legal service delivery team
- Working as a member of a multidisciplinary team to achieve outcomes for our clients
- Conducting legal research;
- Drafting correspondence, briefs and court documents
- Transcription of interviews
- Minute taking
- Managing legal records and correspondence in accordance with QSNTS information management standards.
The successful applicant will have the following experience and qualities:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a paralegal
- Be client service orientated
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Be flexible and collaborative in your attitude towards your role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Office suits
- Willing to travel to remote parts of Queensland, frequently
- Experience using HPCM information management system (or similar records management software)
- Hold a current C class driver’s licence
- Experience in Native Title will be highly regarded.
Employees enjoy a host of generous employment conditions, and as a Public Benevolent Institution, QSNTS is able to offer attractive salary sacrificing options.
A detailed position description is available on the careers page of the QSNTS website (www.qsnts.com.au).
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of application, no greater than two (2) pages, outlining how you meet the above criteria together with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 05:00 pm, Friday 20 April 2018.
Applicants seeking further information are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Manager on (07) 3224 1200.