National Manager, Strategic Communications
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Key leadership position driving ACU’s Communications Strategy
- Work across the University collaborating with senior stakeholders
- Continuing, full-time position based in North Sydney
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic) s126 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW),
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Marketing and External Relations (MER) directorate, under the leadership of the Director of MER, encompasses Communications and Creative Services, Future Students and Advancement, and Digital Experience. MER plays a key role in profiling and positioning ACU as a first choice among its diverse community and stakeholder groups, including potential students, Catholic and corporate partners, donors, alumni and staff.
As National Manager, Strategic Communications you will be responsible for ensuring ACU’s external and internal communications are underpinned by a communications strategy and supported by the best systems policies and processes. This will involve:
- driving communications initiatives to ensure ACU is projected to domestic and international audiences according to our reputational framework
- consulting with stakeholders across the University including the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate in the development, enhancement and rollout of ACU’s Communications Strategy
- leading a national team responsible for corporate communications, reputation and issues management, public relations and profile raising, and internal communications.
- advocating and securing senior stakeholder buy-in for key communications initiatives.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Australian Catholic University considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin is a genuine occupational qualification for this role
- postgraduate qualifications and extensive experience in a marketing, communications, media studies or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education/training
- experience in planning and implementing integrated communications strategies based on analysis of market research and digital insights
- proven ability to investigate and make recommendations on issues relating to reputation and crisis communications.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply
Obtain the Position Description National Manager Strategic Communications HEW 9 PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $128,130 – 136,725 pa, including salary component $108,349 – $115,695 pa Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Alisse Grafitti, Associate Director, Communications and Creative Services on (02) 9465 9047.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.