Mental Health Psychosocial Support Lead – Darwin or Alice Springs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Northern Territory PHN leads the development and coordination of an equitable, comprehensive primary health care system and an engaged health workforce driven by community needs.
$100,737 + Super + Generous Salary Sacrifice
Maximum Term to 16 January 2019
Based in Darwin or Alice Springs
This role is responsible for leading the implementation of the National Psychosocial Support (NPS) measure within NT PHN. The purpose of the NPS measure is to provide psychosocial support services to assist people with severe mental illness resulting in reduced psychosocial functional capacity who are not eligible for assistance through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This role is responsible for leading a collaborative approach across the organisation to facilitate commissioned services to be implemented in a flexible way to complement existing psychosocial support funding; and will be required to work in a proactive and collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Proven knowledge and experience working in health program management and/or health planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, engagement and relationship building skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mental health care and/or psychosocial support sector including rural and remote services, Indigenous health and cultural safety, and issues in cross cultural health service delivery.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative programs within an organisation.
- Relevant health qualification or additional knowledge and experience in mental health and psychosocial support are highly desirable.
- A sound knowledge of the Northern Territory mental health system and associated priority needs will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
For further information please view the Role Description
or call Julie Franzon on 8982 1020.
Applicants are required to provide a current CV and a cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role.
Applications close Wednesday 18 July 2018.