Membership Service Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$65,746* + 9.5% Superannuation
*The salary includes a 20% loading for working outside normal business hours. Involves early morning, evening and weekend work.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
We are currently recruiting for a Membership Service officer to join our team!
Working with the City of Melbourne, making Melbourne great is what we do best. We are seeking a motivated individual to ensure our high delivery of customer service remains for our 400,000+ visitors per annum. At the Melbourne City Baths, we strive to make a difference by getting Melbourne active and focusing on individual member needs through a range of experiential programs and services. It’s an exciting organisation and we welcome new members to our team.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…. The Membership Services Officer undertakes various daily activities that support the day to day running of the customer service and aquatic areas, specific to membership sales, administration and the member experience. You will play an active role in developing and implementing any processes and procedures to increase memberships and/or convert prospects to memberships or multi visit passes.
A significant focus of the position is to improve member and guest attrition and retention by assisting in the development and implementation of structured processes leading to longer active member participation. This involves processes to evaluate, monitor and deliver sales and retention strategies ensuring members, clients and guests stay for longer.
Our ideal candidate will confidently deliver outstanding customer service and will have a proven track record in driving membership sales and retention rates for members, clients and guests. You will possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain creativity and innovation.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Experience working in a sales role, preferably in the recreation industry
- Proven ability to influence, motivate and negotiate with a sales environment
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery, planning and evaluation of innovative retention strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships with staff, new and existing members and corporate clients
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of programs and events.
- Understanding of current trends within and issues facing the health and fitness industry
- A current Pool Lifeguard certificate and experience supervising patrons at an aquatic facility, or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment
- A current level two First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter and outline your demonstrated experiences addressing the dot points listed above under ‘You can bring…’
- respond to the following three application questions, in a separate document (no more than two pages):
- What are the most important components of a customer experience? Demonstrate how you have used this in your previous roles?
- We pride ourselves on our member experience (this includes breakfasts, seminars, events and activities). How would you develop and innovate this program to provide our members with the ultimate experience?
- Membership sales is a vital element of this role. What approach have you used to generate and close a sale?
Please address your covering letter to Matt Bond, Leisure Services Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Advisor, Lesley Jackson-Lopa, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or email@example.com between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 16/05/2018