MediSim Logistics Officer
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Permanent, full time position
- Darwin location
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit aerormedical organisation. Our mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Our specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. We also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a MediSim Logistics Officer to join our team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and submit a weekly status report and post course reports.
- Work with the MediSim Coordinator to ensure all workshops in the NT are organised well in advance of the course date ensuring customers are updated with progress.
- Assist with MediSim strategy development and implementation.
- Provide receipts / invoices associated with all use of the MediSim credit card and submit for approval by the MediSim Manager or MediSim Coordinator.
- Communicate and with internal medical and education staff, MediSim staff and NT administration and management.
- Execute pre-workshop standard operating procedures in a timely manner ensuring any issues are escalated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with the current agencies the MediSim program deals with currently.
- Identify, recognise and communicate potential new agencies that MediSim can work with.
- Identify any potential sponsorship, support or income generating opportunities to the MediSim manager.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the MediSim Logistic Set-up and Running Procedures, ensuring workshops are coordinated accordingly starting with pre-workshop arrangements through to and including post-work shop arrangements.
To be successful in this role you will identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and have the following:
- Sound skills in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- A good understanding of database and CRM systems.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation / problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring completion of tasks within clear timeframes.
- The willingness and ability to be flexible with the hours/days worked as workshops are conducted during any part of the week and vary in length.
- An understanding of the Northern Territory’s emergency service network.
- A demonstrated customer service ethos.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An innovative and creative approach to finding better ways to do things.
- The knowledge and ability to carry out basic vehicle maintenance.
- A current NT driver’s licence and evidence of a good driving history.
- Experience and competency in both 4WD and river crossing driving.
- The willingness and ability to take on other responsibilities in accordance with skill set.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Experience working in a learning environment, not-for-profit or aeromedical organisation
- Experience with events.
- Experience with emergency services.
- Familiarisation with basic medical terms.
- Current first aid qualifications (HTLAID003 or equivalent)
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special / equal opportunity measure under Section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and S57 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1996 (NT). The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants. Applicants must be able to provide their Indigenous descent through parentage, identification as being an Indigenous person and being accepted as part of the community.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on Sunday, 26 August 2018.