Manager Media & Communications – Aboriginal Identified
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Salary Range $136,375 plus 9.5% super and other benefits
The Manager Media and Communications primary role is to heighten and improve the profile of the NSWALC and the Land Rights Network, work to increase the membership of Local Aboriginal Land Councils, facilitate and promote good communication between NSWALC and LALCs, effectively communicate NSWALC’s goals, priorities and Strategic Plan, and facilitate and foster good relationships with the media, external stakeholders including Government and the broader public.
To be successful in the role, the Manager Media and Communications you will need to have
- Aboriginality – this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and people management skills.
- Demonstrated application of successful marketing and brand management strategies; and online media and marketing strategies, including a refined knowledge of social/ new media.
- High-level understanding of the media and political environments of NSW and of Commonwealth politics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and implementation of best practice media policies and practices.
- Demonstrated background in publishing and journalism together with a wide contact base of industry professionals.
- Demonstrated management skills within a highly political multi-media environment.
- Integrity and commitment to Ethical Practice, Equity, Diversity and Workplace Health and Safety.
As the State’s peak representative body in Aboriginal Affairs, the NSWALC aims to protect the interests and further the aspirations of its members and the broader Aboriginal community. NSWALC is a not for profit organisation. More information about NSWALC can be found at www.alc.org.au
How to Apply
To apply for this position
Please obtain a copy of the recruitment package containing the Role Description and Success Profile by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9689 4519. Applications close 5.00 p.m. Monday 23 April 2018 and can be forwarded to email@example.com
Job Status: Ongoing (Permanent)
Aboriginality – this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.