Leisure Services Officer (customer service, lifeguard, administration and membership sales)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Salary $56,707* + 9.5% Superannuation
9 day fortnight
*Salary includes 20% loading for working outside normal business hours (involves early morning, even and weekend work), flexibility will be required.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
Leisure Services Officers are the heart of our Recreation Facility. You will be someone who loves customer service and has Lifeguard Qualifications, or be willing to obtain.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…we have a permanent opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team at our Melbourne City Baths recreation facility. This is an important role as you will act as the first point of contact utilising your strong customer service skills, learning the administrative operations of the Iconic Melbourne City Baths, and providing advice and assistance to our members and prospective members.
You will be someone who loves interacting with the public, wanting to show off our stunning facility, and passionate about living a healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to take on this role, who will live and breathe the work that we do for our community, and see yourself kick-starting a long-term career in the Aquatic and Recreation industry.
You can bring… (selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven experience in the delivery of outstanding customer service, preferably in the health and fitness or hospitality industries
- Skilled in providing information on the benefits of membership and secondary spending opportunities to prospective customers
- Experience in using Links Point of Sale, MobileFit and any other relevant point of sale software
- Able to demonstrate capability in relation to cash handling, point of sale reconciliation and daily banking procedures
- Demonstrated ability to comply with operating policies and procedures whilst positively contributing to process improvement
- A current Pool Lifeguard, First Aid qualification and Working with Children Check is essential
- A desire to excel with administrative tasks with particular ability to multitask.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages), as listed above under You can bring…
- respond to the following application question (no more than one page), in a separate document:
- What is your knowledge/understanding of Melbourne City Baths and why you are interested in working for as a Leisure Services Officer?
Please address your covering letter to Matt Bond, Leisure Services Manager.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.
Closing Date 03/06/2018