Junior Communications Officer
- Communications all-rounder
- Self-starter, enjoys varied work and deadlines
- Twelve month maximum term role
- $50,000 – $60,000 per annum plus employer superannuation and generous salary packaging benefits
South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) has the key objectives of:
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes, and
- Improving coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
We achieve these objectives by working directly with general practitioners, other primary health care providers, secondary care providers and hospitals to ensure improved outcomes for patients.
The six key priorities of SEMPHN are mental health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, population health, health workforce, Digital health and aged care.
SEMPHN stretches from St Kilda to Sorrento to Bunyip, including the major population hubs of Clayton, Dandenong, Moorabbin, Caulfield, Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham.
About the role
The newly created Junior Communications Officer position is responsible for creating and publishing newsletters, providing advice regarding content and graphic design, producing and maintaining a range of content to promote SEMPHN’s programs, activities and events via a range of communications including flyers, website, social media channels and video. The role also provides support on the professional management of SEMPHN events.
This position is for 12 months maximum term.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
To be successful in this opportunity you must have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a generalist communications role
- Experience creating and managing content across multiple channels
- Experience working in health care or related field is highly desirable.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud software and content management systems.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, organise and complete work within established deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills
- Event coordination experience.
- Self-starter who works effectively under general direction and as part of a team.
- Strong writing skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Organised and works to deliver projects within deadlines.
- Innovative with a genuine interest in new technologies and smarter ways of working.
- Enjoys working in a changing environment and can reprioritise tasks to reflect changing priorities.
A full position description is available on our website listed below.
Benefits of working with SEMPHN
- Generous leave and salary packaging entitlements
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program
- Free car parking
How to Apply
To view the position description please visit http://www.semphn.org.au/careers
For further information please contact Kym Westbury on 03 8514 4478. Applications close 6 pm Sunday 27 May.
Please email your application to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in the role and our organisation, however only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
SEMPHN promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.