Instrumentation and Control Apprenticeship
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
If you consider yourself a keen member of the ‘PC Master race’ or an advocate for the DIY console upgrade this is the apprenticeship for you.
- Hands on exposure to advanced building technology within the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry;
- Earn your trade specialising in cutting edge technology;
- Applications closing soon – apply today and don’t miss out.
MIGAS is proud to once again be partnering with Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) to find the next generation of Instrumentation and Control apprentices.
This is a rare opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people while completing off-the-job training towards achieving a Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control (UEE31211).
Although this position is based in Katherine, there will be some regular travel required to various sites across the Northern Territory.
You will be mentored by experienced industry professionals to become trade qualified through a blend of practical hands-on training and theory coursework. On a day-to-day basis you will be working with advanced building equipment which will include, but is not limited to, the measuring and monitoring of pressure, flow, level and temperature.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for individuals who just have to know ‘how it all works’ when it comes to technology and thrive on problem solving. You don’t just pull things apart you put them back together with your own improvements. Do you have the passion, drive and personality to provide consistent delivery of exceptional customer service whilst exceeding customer expectations? Tell us about that in your application and then let’s talk!
- Have an affinity for computers – following advances in technology is your favourite game;
- Possess a diagnostic ability – you like to solve problems by finding out how things work;
- Be good with numbers and math – to be successful in this industry you need to know your way around the figures to make important calculations;
- Pay strong attention to detail – you understand how to small things effect the big picture;
- You are ‘driven’ to pursue a trade career and already have your driver licence with access to reliable transport to get you where you’re going; and
- Completed or be in the process of completing Year 12 or an equivalent pre-apprenticeship program.
To proceed through this intake process you will be required to complete and successfully pass a background check and drug screening test.
Honeywell are a multinational organisation who work across an array of industries. HBS specialise in the maintenance and service of critical building automation systems including HVAC, security, life safety and energy management.
Across the globe, and throughout the Pacific, they install and maintain the systems that help keep workplaces safe, secure, comfortable and energy efficient.
How to Apply
To apply click on the View and Apply Online button below and complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.