Information Support and Service Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- 30-38 hours per week, contract to 28 June 2019
- North Sydney location
- Applications close: Monday 21st May 2018
Carers NSW is the peak body for carers in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation connecting and empowering carers across NSW and improving their quality of life through activities, programs, training and policy advice. We advocate for carers of all ages and circumstances.
This position is responsible for providing an information and referral service to families of primary age children for Carers NSW Better Start for Children with Disability Initiative. This includes providing information and support to access the NDIS, understanding service pathways to support regardless of NDIS eligibility and the Early Childhood Early Intervention approach. This role is also responsible for arranging and facilitating Moving Forward Workshops across NSW.
To be successful in this role, administration will be one of your greatest strengths, and you will have the ability to demonstrate empathy and an awareness of the sensitivities of dealing with young families with a recent diagnosis. You will have impeccable attention to detail and a personable phone manner.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant discipline or relevant work experience.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people including carers, health professionals, and service providers.
- Experience in the preparation, facilitation and delivery of workshops.
- Knowledge of relevant information related to referral pathways such as the NDIS, Disability services and other programs relevant to carers.
- Understanding of family advocacy and the complaints process available to families if required.
- Understanding of intake, assessment and relevant processes provided as part of an information service.
- Strong understanding of Mandatory Reporting and Privacy requirements.
- Strong administration and organisation skills.
The Annual Salary Package is between $78 – $83K (pro-rata for part-time) including superannuation. You will also have access to generous salary sacrificing benefits. The Position Description is available to assist with your application.
Carers NSW recognises the value of diversity in its workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation.
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
See the ‘Instructions for Applicants’ http://www.carersnsw.org.au/about-us/employment/instructions-for-applicants on how to address the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria for this position. For further information please contact our HR department on: (02) 9280 4744.
Please forward your application addressing the Selection Criteria to Human Resources, PO Box 785, North Sydney NSW 2059 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.