Information Management Officer
$63,513 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As a passionate Information Management Officer you will be responsible for providing guidance and real time resolution on a wide range of technical and non-technical information management customer enquiries.
You will be the point of contact for customers, triaging and documenting their information management requests with the focus as the front line customer contact point. This includes ensuring relevant services are delivered in accordance with agreed service level targets.
You will take ownership of allocated daily operational tasks to ensure smooth delivery of information management services including records retrieval, archiving, disposal and electronic document and records management systems (EDRMS) support. You will support senior staff with the delivery of specific project tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
In this role you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge of information management processes; develop troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, and gain exposure to our internal service management processes supporting ITIL framework and Knowledge Centred Service (KCS).
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Qualification in Information or Records Management, other relevant qualification, and/or an equivalent level of relevant experience is desirable.
- Understanding of information management services with the ability to provide advice if required
- Knowledge of electronic document and records management systems (EDRMS), with ability to pick up new technologies and processes quickly.
- Proven experience in providing exceptional customer service, with well-developed interpersonal communication skills and written skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative, including a proven ability to handle multiple tasks, high volumes of work and competing deadlines.
- Ability to meet physical requirements such as handling archive boxes and files
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Stacy Cameron, Information Management Team Leader
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Aboriginal Employment Team, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or email@example.com between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 21/05/2018