Human Resources Generalist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MOIRA INC provides a range of support services for people with disabilities and children, families, youths, and older persons in Melbourne and throughout Victoria.
MOIRA takes an innovative, person- and family-centred approach in providing targeted, outcomes-based services.
Human Resources Generalist – Hampton East
Due to organisational growth and transformation, we have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team in exciting times. This pivotal position, reporting to the Manager – People, Learning & Culture, offers the opportunity to work in a highly talented, close-knit team responsible for delivering excellence in human resources across the organisation.
This role may be filled at full time or part time (4 days per week).
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provision of daily Human Resources guidance to line managers on employment matters and staffing issues
- Support to MOIRA team members on Human Resources topics such as leave and Award entitlements
- Ensure effective compliance with current workplace legislation in areas such as Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health & Safety, and workplace relations
- Manage WorkCover for the business, including recommending improvements and initiating training to improve workplace safety
- Ongoing development and review of HR policies and procedures aligned to best practice and current legislation
- End to end recruitment and talent attraction across all areas of the organisation
- Employee on boarding and engagement to support and enable a high performing culture
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Human Resources Administrator
- Work closely with the Manager – People, Learning & Culture to actively identify and explore evolving opportunities to grow and improve the function
We are on the hunt for an experienced, motivated and passionate HR Officer who has a strong preference for innovation and people and process development. You will have a strong employee relations experience and an excellent knowledge of current workplace legislation and contemporary HR principles and practices. The ability to advise, influence and negotiate is essential, as is a strong attention to detail. With a dynamic and ‘can do’ approach, you will have a qualification in Human Resources, and enjoy working in complex environments.
- We are committed to personal and professional development which is supported by an ever growing and expanding structure
- We offer an attractive salary and salary packaging benefits
- We foster a dynamic, forward-thinking culture where your ideas are welcomed
- We value our people and to support them to do their best work we provide a Staff Wellbeing Program including a wellness room and an Accelerated Learning Program
- We embrace strong organisational values that we live and work by daily
MOIRA is a child safe organisation which promotes the safety, participation and empowerment of children including those with a disability. MOIRA is an equal employment opportunity employer who is committed to employing a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications for people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander along with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For the Position Description with Key Selection Criteria please visit www.moira.org.au
All applicants invited for an interview will be required to provide:
- Proof of your eligibility to work in Australia. (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or a working visa)
- Information establishing your identity through a Proof of Identity check. Please bring 100 points of identification
- Consent to a Crim Check or International police check (if applicable)
- Consent to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check
- Proof of relevant mandatory qualifications gained (if applicable to the job)
- Details of referees able to validate information on your skills, knowledge, capabilities, conduct and behaviour
- Employee Working With Children Check
- A signed Applicant Declaration stating you have fully disclosed to MOIRA all relevant information regarding your criminal record and employment history.
How to Apply
|Applications close: 15 June 2018
Forward application details to: email@example.com
Please quote: Job # MO-088
MOIRA: 8552 2222