Hostel Workers – Melbourne
Aboriginal Hostels Limited (AHL)
AHL’s hostel facilities provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable accommodation for Indigenous Australians, enabling access to education, employment, health care and other essential services.
AHL is seeking to engage highly motivated individuals to join our hostel team in Northcote. Both full-time and part-time positions are available for immediate filling, and we are also seeking to create a merit list for filling future vacancies and to establish a pool of on-call casual employees who are available to work at short notice.
As a Hostel Worker, you will have primary responsibility for undertaking the duties of one of the following roles, whilst having flexibility to perform other duties when required:
- Hostel Worker – Fulltime Cook / Part-Time Weekend Cook
- Hostel Worker – Housekeeper
You will work under the general direction of the Duty Manager and will be responsible for working in collaboration with other hostel workers on a daily basis, ensuring a high standard of service is delivered to our residents.
We are looking for people who:
- are committed to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- have a strong focus on customer service, with the ability to communicate effectively, and work in a team environment
- are in good physical health and can walk, lift and carry, and who can work to a flexible schedule
- can prepare meals in an industry based environment and prepare quality food without compromise to Food Safety Standards Australia (Cooks)
- can complete housekeeping and cleaning tasks in a productive and efficient manner (Housekeepers)
Here’s what we’ll offer you in return:
- $39,953 – $44,512 per annum plus superannuation, allowances, and shift penalties
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per FBT year for rent, mortgage or general living expenses
- Shift penalties and allowances
- Opportunities for training and career advancement.
How to Apply
For further information about the positions and how to apply please visit http://www.ahl.gov.au/employment
Applications close 21 May 2018.