Health Policy Manager
An exciting opportunity for a high calibre professional, to provide high quality policy advice in the Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Sector.
- Indigenous Health Organisation
- Salary: $100,000 + superannuation
- Attractive health promotion charity salary packaging
- South Brisbane Location
- This is an Indigenous – identified position. Applicants must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person (pursuant to Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-discrimination act 1991).
QAIHC is a non-partisan peak organisation representing 28 Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (AICCHOs) across Queensland at both state and national level. Our members deliver comprehensive and culturally appropriate, world class primary health care services to their communities.
We are seeking a high calibre professional for the newly created position of Health Policy Manager.
The Health Policy Manager, will provide leadership to a small team responsible for providing high quality policy advice on complex and high-profile policy areas in the Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Sector in Queensland.
Pre-requisite skills & experience
- Specific policy development knowledge.
- Experience in developing state or national health policy.
- Understanding of relevant state and federal government decision making process.
- Understanding of the AICCHOs and the issues facing them.
- Demonstrated experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
To apply, obtain an application pack or any query, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply only via this method.
Applications are required by midnight on Sunday 20th May 2018.