Health Education Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Join the Uniting Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC) to work at the cutting edge of drug health services!
Are you passionate about social justice and working with marginalised drug users? Are you able to work flexibly and creatively with a diverse client group in a low threshold setting? Do you have two years’ experience working with people who inject drugs? Then come and join our team at the Uniting Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC) www.uniting.org/msic
Uniting MSIC is currently recruiting suitably qualified people to join our Health Education team as Health Education Officers in Kings Cross.
The following positions are being recruited into:
- Casual weekday (Monday-Friday 9.30am-6pm
- Casual evening and weekend
- Permanent part time- varying shifts up to 40hrs per fortnight
Interviews will take place 31st January-1st February 2018
Successful recruitment will be based on your ability to meet the following Professional Skills and Knowledge criteria:
- 2 years’ experience working with people who inject drugs
- Experience working in needle syringe services, drug and alcohol services, crisis or accommodation services.
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and the service delivery model of the Medically Supervised Injecting Centre.
- Ability to work in a demanding and changeable environment.
- Understanding of the health, social and legal issues related to injecting drug use and marginalised populations.
- Understanding of the legislative, policy framework and values underpinning MSIC’s operation.
- Computer competence including word processing and the use of clinical databases.
- Experience in psychosocial and drug use assessment and referral, supportive counselling and crisis management.
- Qualifications in Welfare or Social Sciences, Psychology, Public Health or equivalent or working towards same.
This is an opportunity for you to work in a supportive and friendly work environment, which provides you with continuing education opportunities, and a chance to progress your career.
We encourage you to take a tour of the service! To book your tour, please visit www.uniting.org/msic
Love Your Work. Join Our Team. Make a Difference. Apply Now.
How to Apply
For Further Information about the position please contact Sarah Hiley, Health Education Team Manager on 02 9360 1191
If you require assistance with your application please contact HR Services on (02) 1300 797 358.
Closing Date: COB Monday 22nd January 2018
Please visit our careers page https://uniting.org/get-involved-new/join-our-team to view additional opportunities with UnitingCare NSW.ACT.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check Uniting is an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below or visit the job vacancy page on the employers website at the following link: