Maximum Term – 30 July 2021
Based in Darwin
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged for this position.
This is a strategic role, required to provide high level advice to both Board and CEO, and to provide functional expertise to the Senior Executive Leadership Team. This role is responsible for the overall financial management of NT PHN and is responsible for budgeting, financial and management accounting and reporting, internal controls, compliance with statutory and other regulations.
- Experience in a government or large not for profit environment, maintaining strong internal controls, governance and business ethics.
- Experience in developing strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Board members, managers, financial institutions and local and international stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and execution, people management, stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Strong financial management and management reporting experience.
- Experience in working with government funding cycles.
- Developing innovative and practical responses using high level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in effectively managing financial and commercial risks.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and manage high performance multidisciplinary teams.
- CPA or CA qualified.
- Excellent engagement skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Personal qualities of energy, initiative, commitment to teamwork and collaboration and respect for others.
- Demonstrates relationship orientation, deliver a high-quality service to stakeholders, with an awareness of the commercial impact of decisions.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and accountability, taking necessary actions and decisions to meet objectives.
- Demonstrates judgment, to make sound decisions based on business needs, taking action to ensure results meet organisational expectations and measures.
- Takes an adaptive approach to innovation, looking for ways to continuously improve.
- Personal accountability and proactive approach to work health and safety, specifically taking responsibility for the health and safety of self and others.