Do you want a job where you get to work with passionate, experienced and highly motivated campaigners, organisers and volunteers every day? One where you’ll be working towards promoting an inspiring bold vision for Australia that could shake up the system and implement fair, sustainable, honest reform?
GetUp is looking for an Event Coordinator to join our Organising team.
SCHADS Classification Level 4 salary range is $61,348.04 – $66,521 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a 4 month fixed term contract. This position is based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we do whatever it takes to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
Who are the organising team
The GetUp organising team spans five states and the ACT, working day in and day out to build and wield the people power to radically redefine what is politically possible in Australia. Together, we develop and support a network of dozens of volunteer action groups and volunteer organisers. They organise members and voters to target political and corporate decision-makers across the country. This is a huge mission, that is rewarding, demanding, challenging and creative.
Our team is an open and collaborative crew who have clear goals, are accountable to each other and work in ways that foster creativity, honesty, learning and innovation. We are only going to win big things if we ask for big things. And it’s the only way to scale up our impact.
What will you be working on
Future to Fight For is GetUp’s bold new vision for Australia. The F2F4 Festival will for many be the moment GetUp’s vision goes mainstream – made up of flagship events, with world class speakers and activists, across multiple cities complimented by fringe events across multiple days for thousand of GetUp members and the public. The aim is to shatter consensus thinking, catalyse recruitment, and energise our membership on mass ahead of the upcoming federal election.
As an Event Coordinator you will:
- Assist in implementing a successful recruitment strategy across all events including producing a range of recruitment content such as emails, Facebook posts, and call scripts
- Champion attendee outreach and support by responding to member enquiries by phone and email
- Help to ensure that attendees have an excellent experience before, during and after the events
- Assist in developing the content and production of a full-range of event materials and collateral, ensuring all materials and collateral are produced by deadline and are high-quality
- Assist on any video products before and during the event
- Forge and manage productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Help to secure, support and brief speakers, panelists, and facilitators
- Manage contractor relationships and key suppliers, and assist in supporting sponsor relationships
- Plan and manage stage production logistics including executing the plan to set up and set down each event
- Help ensure the event’s budget is on track, keeping the project financially on track
Some things you might do in a typical day:
- Produce high-quality member facing recruitment content such as drafting an eye catching Facebook post or sending an inspiring email
- Coordinate collateral to be delivered to event locations across the country
- Liaise with sponsors to ensure a smooth and productive partnership
- Work with committed GetUp members from Adelaide to Cairns ensuring their voices are being heard and the events bring our members along every step of the way
- Plan event logistics; who should be where when, how will the stage be set up, what’s the running order;
- Make recruitment calls and follow-up calls to attendees
- Develop a strategy to transform event venues into inspiring and evocative spaces on a small budget
You are someone who has:
- Demonstrated experience of managing event logistics, ideally multi-day conferences, summits or festivals
- Well-organised, and has strong attention to detail and a love of systems
- Strong communication skills, with experience in copywriting
- Flexible and positive; able to adapt quickly as things change with a spirit of “yes!”
- Passionate about fighting for a fairer Australia
Bonus points for:
- Experience in community organising and volunteer management
- Experienced in promotions and delegate recruitment – field organising, sales call centre, online advertising or event recruitment experience highly regarded
- Familiarity with a range of project management tools
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please apply ASAP.
How to Apply
To apply please visit Work at GetUp.