Education and Care Consultant
- Want to make a difference to the lives of children with a leading not-for-profit-organisation?
- Part time/up to 4 days per week
- Flexible, family-friendly workplace
- Generous employment conditions with professional development
- Salary $73, 743 per annum plus superannuation (pro rata)
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated person to join our Preston -based team as an Education and Care Consultant.
You will be responsible for mentoring and supporting long day care services, family day care services, outside school hours care services to build their inclusive practices. You will work towards the vision that all Victorian children should be able to meaningfully and actively participate in an education and care service of their family’s choice in their community.
Creating sustainable partnerships between services, community organisations and groups, as well as government agencies, is a key part of this diverse and interesting role.
About Community Child Care Association
Established in 1971, Community Child Care Association (CCC) is the voice of community-based education and care services in Victoria. We’re active right across the state, providing leadership and advocacy, working with governments, and supporting services. Our heritage and reputation as a sector leader often sees us take on large projects, including the Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA).
The Victorian Inclusion Agency is responsible for the delivery of inclusion support services under the Australian Government’s Inclusion Support Programme (ISP). Working towards meaningful participation for all children in education and care, the VIA is a valuable go-to for services, offering program support, practical strategies, one-on-one mentoring and access to funding and online resources.
This position involves travel across North East Melbourne and will suit an experienced early/middle childhood professional or educator who is looking to develop their career. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and enjoys working within a dynamic and friendly team.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and confidence in building strong partnerships and facilitating groups (with a wide range of people at all levels)
- Self-directed with excellent time management
- Experience maintaining comprehensive records
- Strong commitment to inclusion of all children
- Tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education/Social Services or 3+ years’ experience in an education and care setting with a relevant diploma
- A current drivers licence with access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent
Community Child Care Association values diversity and inclusion.
Applications are particularly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, individuals from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
How to Apply
How to apply
- Address the key selection criteria by completing this form
- Include your resume
- Include names and contact details of two professional referees
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
For queries about the position, please call (03) 9486 3455. Applications will close on 18th January 2018