Education and Care Consultant
Education and Care Consultant
- Want to make a difference to the community owned sector with a leading not-for-profit-organisation?
- Part time and Full time applications considered minimum 3 days per week
- Flexible, family-friendly workplace
- Generous employment conditions with professional development
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated person to join our Preston -based team as an Education and Care Consultant. This is a six month contract position with possibility of extension.
You will be responsible for providing information, resources and professional support to education and care services including, long day care services, kindergarten, occasional care family day care services, outside school hours care services. You will work towards our vision for an equitable society where quality, not for profit community owned children’s education and care services thrive.
Creating sustainable partnerships between services, community organisations and groups, as well as government agencies, is a key part of this diverse and interesting role.
About Community Child Care Association
Established in 1971, Community Child Care Association (CCC) is the voice of community-based education and care services in Victoria. We’re active right across the state, providing leadership and advocacy, working with governments, and supporting services. Our heritage and reputation as a sector leader often sees us take on large projects, including the Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA).
This position involves some travel around Melbourne and occasional travel across regional and rural Victoria. It will suit an experienced early/middle childhood professional or manager who is looking to develop their career. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about community owned and not for profit education and care and enjoys working within a dynamic and friendly team.
Key experience and skills:
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in early years’ service management and leadership
- Confidence in designing and delivering professional support – mentoring, workshops, consultancies
- Ability to keep up to date and analyse current developments in the education and care sector.
- Experience in undertaking project work
- Self-directed with excellent time management
- Tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education/Social Services and experience in an education and care setting. Applicants with 3 years + experience managing a service with a relevant diploma will be considered
- A current drivers licence with access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent
Community Child Care Association values diversity and inclusion.
Applications are particularly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, individuals from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
How to Apply
- Applications must:
- Address the key selection criteria, please request from: email@example.com
- Include your resume
- Include names and contact details of two professional referees
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries about the position, please call Lynn Turner (03) 9486 3455. There is no deadline for applications, please apply as soon as possible