Digital Campaigner x 2
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you a passionate, dynamic communicator and activist with a deep understanding and love of campaign strategy and online tactics enthused to help Greenpeace win its campaigns?
Responsible to: Deputy Program Director (Engagement)
Direct Reports: Nil Direct Reports – works closely with contractors, interns and volunteers
Contract Type: 1 x permanent role & 1 x 12 month contract
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Digital Campaigner who can create thought-provoking and audacious communications to help Greenpeace win its campaigns. From saving the Great Barrier Reef to stopping the destruction of rainforests you will help ignite masses of people to act together to win a healthy planet.
As the Digital Campaigner, you will:
- Lead engagement programmes on major campaign pushes to deliver high-performing, innovative and effective online campaigns
- Identify audiences and audience segments and design effective calls to action, as part of sustained user experiences across campaigns
- Contribute to developing and implementing digital strategies for online campaigning, social media and other communications
- Collaborate and experiment with innovative fundraising opportunities
- Deep understanding of running online communities and social media
- Understanding of branding, online design, information architecture and UX
- Data-driven decision-making across all media and channels
- Familiarity with multimedia management and production for web, including static images and web videos.
For over 40 years, Greenpeace has been at the forefront of the world’s most pressing environmental issues. These issues are global in nature and so are their solutions. With offices in over 40 countries, we work with communities across the world to achieve large-scale change. Greenpeace Australia Pacific has a mandate to defend the rich, diverse and fragile environments in the Australia Pacific region. We investigate and expose environmental abuse, hold decision-makers accountable, promote effective solutions and inspire others to create positive change.
What’s in it for you?
- You get to work in a team of skilled, dedicated digital trouble makers determined to disrupt the status quo
- You get to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating everyday folk to take action for the planet
- You will have the independence and scope to experiment, innovate and advance the aims of the team
- We work hard and play harder.
How to Apply
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. We actively encourage applications from all corners of our global society. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role, addressing the job description.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
Please direct applications or enquiries to:
Applications close at midnight on midnight 12 September 2017.