Deputy CEO (Aboriginal Identified)
About the Organisation
Danila Dilba Health Service is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation providing culturally-appropriate, comprehensive primary health care and community services to Biluru (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) people in the Yilli Rreung (greater Darwin) region of the Northern Territory.
The mission of DDHS is to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of its clients through innovative comprehensive primary health care programs that are based on the principles of equity, access, empowerment, community self-determination and inter-sectoral collaboration.
About the Opportunity
Danila Dilba now has an exciting leadership opportunity for a full-time Deputy CEO to join their team in Darwin.
Working closely with the CEO, this role will see you responsible for providing strong internal leadership and day to day management to Corporate Services, enabling the organisation to achieve its strategic and operational goals. You will also ensure the effective communication of the organisation’s vision and strategies.
Some key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Leading an advocacy agenda to influence decision makers on policy issues related to Aboriginal health and wellbeing;
- Assisting the Board and CEO in implementing the strategic and business plans including engagement of stakeholders and delivering organisational objectives;
- Providing line management to the HR, Finance, Audit and Compliance, Facilities Management, and ICT functions of the business;
- Leading growth and sustainability through development and implementation of a Business Development Strategy targeting emerging opportunities, innovations and potential income streams;
- Developing and strengthening strategic stakeholder relationships and partnerships; and
- Taking responsibility for service quality and continuous improvement.
This is an identified Aboriginal position; exemption is claimed under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a new leadership challenge within a fast-paced and expanding organisation!
Danila Dilba Health Service offers a stable, safe and supportive work environment with plenty of challenges and variety as you interact with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
Danila Dilba Health Service is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. Staff development programs are both encouraged and provided by the organisation.
You will receive a competitive remuneration (negotiable with experience and qualifications) PLUS super, phone, laptop, salary sacrificing options and a range of benefits including:
- 6 weeks annual leave per year (with the opportunity to cash-out up to two weeks annual leave in any financial year);
- Relocation assistance (negotiable) when relocating to Darwin;
- Fully maintained vehicle for private use;
- Up to 2 weeks paid study leave per annum;
- Professional development and training provided; and
- Entertainment benefits (up to $2,550).
Most importantly, you’ll be joining a team of passionate and dedicated individuals who contribute to the positive impact made on the local community. Here you will be able to voice your thoughts and opinions, as the organisation embraces opportunity and encourages its people to initiate action and follow through on the outcome.
How to Apply
Take on a new challenge in your executive career, with a progressive Aboriginal community-controlled organisation – Apply Now!