Customer Service Manager (Sustainability)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Drive the customer service focus for our Green Star Certification process
- Flexible working arrangements, activity based working and mentoring program
- Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our collaborative and flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Green Star Solutions, you will lead a passionate and committed team of six direct reports. You will provide strong leadership to the team; ensuring the Green Star rating process remains robust whilst ensuring our stakeholders experience a positive and successful experience of the certification process.
This is a full-time role, with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our activity based working office.
- Monitor, review and support progress of Green Star projects through from registration to certification;
- Ensure project certification conforms to ISO 9001 Quality Management System;
- Manage delivery of Carbon Neutral Building Certification;
- Assist the Certification Lead to continuously improve the certification process;
- Partner with the Technical Lead to develop technical skills for team members;
- Manage contractual and financial responsibilities eg budget, invoices and Assessment Panel Management.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to the sustainable built environment, business management or related field.
- 5 years plus management experience and accountability for the performance of a business unit, operations or customer service team.
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to connect and build rapport with multiple stakeholders.
- Exemplary customer service, negotiating and influencing skills.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements and Activity Based Working
- Complementary Fruit and Snacks
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: COB 10 May 2018
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on
Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and an inclusive work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment at the GBCA without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age and disability.